2018/2019 UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
The California Chapter of the American Society of Agronomy will award a total of $1,500 in scholarships to two eligible California residents currently enrolled in a degree program in crop production, plant science, soil science, agronomy, or a related science field.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate of at least sophomore-level standing and be enrolled full-time the semester or quarter of the award or the semester or quarter immediately following the award.
- Applicants must be a resident of California and be enrolled in a California college or university.
- Applicants must hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) calculated through the last quarter or semester prior to application.
APPLICATION AND AWARD PROCESS:
- Download the application form below and complete items 1-4 on pages 2-3. Applications are due by midnight January 5, 2019.
- Scholarship funds will be released upon selection and proof of enrollment. Recipients will be notified by Monday, January 28, 2019 with the monetary award available after February 6.
- Scholarship recipients are required to report the monetary amount of the award to the financial aid department of the academic institution in which they are enrolled.
- All scholarship recipients will be recognized at the annual California Plant & Soil Conference, which will be held on February 5-6, 2019 at the Doubletree Hotel in Fresno, CA. Recipients will receive free registration and one free night of hotel lodging to attend the conference. Awards will be presented during the closing banquet on Wednesday, February 6, 2019. Attendance at the conference is encouraged but not required.