2017/2018 SCHOLARSHIP DESCRIPTION
The California Chapter of the American Society of Agronomy will award a total of up to $3,000 in scholarships to two eligible California residents currently enrolled in a degree program in crop production, plant science, soil science or a related science field at a 4-year California College or University.
- The applicant must be an undergraduate of at least sophomore-level standing and be enrolled full-time the semester or quarter of the award or the semester or quarter immediately following the award. Enrollment must be at one of the following schools: California State University, Chico or Fresno; California State Polytechnic University Pomona or San Luis Obispo; or the University of California Berkeley, Davis, Riverside, or Santa Cruz.
- Be a resident of California.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (based on a 4.0 scale) calculated through the last quarter or semester prior to application.
- Candidates must submit two letters of recommendation; at least one from a college or university faculty member and the other can be from an agricultural industry representative or employer.
APPLICATION AND AWARD PROCESS
- All application materials including letters of recommendation must be received no later than midnight January 6, 2018.
- Scholarship funds will be released upon selection and proof of enrollment. Recipients will be notified by January 29, 2018 with the monetary award available after February 7.
- The application form is available on the CA-ASA website (http://calasa.ucdavis.edu/) and can also be downloaded directly here: Scholarship Application