2020/2021 UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
The California Chapter of the American Society of Agronomy will award a total of $1,500 in scholarships to two eligible California residents currently enrolled in a degree program in crop production, plant science, soil science, agronomy, or a related science field.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate of at least sophomore-level standing and be enrolled full-time the semester or quarter of the award or the semester or quarter immediately following the award.
- Applicants must be a resident of California and be enrolled in a California college or university.
- Applicants must hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) calculated through the last quarter or semester prior to application.
APPLICATION AND AWARD PROCESS:
- Download the application form below and complete items 1-4 on pages 2-3. Applications are due by midnight January 4, 2021.
- Scholarship funds will be released upon selection and proof of enrollment. Recipients will be notified by Monday, January 18, 2021 with the monetary award available after February 1st.
- Scholarship recipients are required to report the monetary amount of the award to the financial aid department of the academic institution in which they are enrolled.
- All scholarship recipients will be recognized at the annual California Plant & Soil Conference, which will be held virtually on February 2-3, 2021. Recipients will receive free registration to attend the conference. Attendance at the conference is encouraged but not required.
Download the scholarship application here.