Call for Student Presentations
This is a Judged Student Competition
This call for abstracts is closed. The deadline for submission was December 23, 2020.
|Abstract submission||December 23, 2020 – closes at 8 AM|
|Notification of acceptance||January 5, 2021|
|Final draft of abstract||January 19, 2021 – due by 8 AM|
|PowerPoint file submission||January 25, 2021 – due by 8 AM|
- Currently enrolled students and those graduated within the past 1 year qualify. Both graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to submit.
- One student per accepted presentation may attend the full conference at no cost.
- Regardless of conference attendance, students delivering accepted presentations must register for the conference.
- A monetary award will be available to the top student presentation entries.
- Your major professor must approve your submission (please upload this form completed and signed your professor).
Abstracts: Must be uploaded in a Word file (PDFs will not be accepted) at the bottom of this form. Abstracts must be:
- Informative, providing scope, purpose, experimental approach, significant results, and major conclusions.
- Clear, concise, one paragraph summary with no more than 275 words.
- Formatted as single-spaced, using 12-point font.
- Include presentation title and names and affiliations of all authors.
- Will be posted the event website and in the conference proceedings
- Abstract must be presented live (no recordings) via Zoom during a special afternoon session on Monday, February 1, 2021.
- Presentations will be 5 minutes in length with an additional 2 minutes for Q&A.
- Presentation judges will consider adherence to time as a determining factor in placement in the competition.
- Students should prepare slides being mindful of only having 5 minutes to present orally.