Invited Presenter Instructions - Preparation of Abstracts
Students and Poster Presenters: These deadlines do not apply to you. Please review your deadlines here.
Abstracts will be assembled in a Conference Book of Abstracts for attendees. The Book of Abstracts will also be available in PDF form on the CA-ASA website (http://calasa.ucdavis.edu/).
DEADLINE: Abstracts are due by Thursday, December 15th at 5 PM. This due date is set to provide time for editing and collating the proceedings for the conference. If you cannot meet the deadline, please contact your session chair as soon as possible to request an alternative date.
Abstract Formatting Requirements:
- Submit your abstract in Word by uploading online using the button above.
- Indicate on the form whether you grant us permission to post your PowerPoint file as PDF on our website after the conference. You'll have an opportunity to make edits before the final copy is posted.
- 350 words or less, single spacing
- Font is Times New Roman – 12 point for text, 14 point for titles
- Margins one inch all sides; use only “Portrait” page setup
- Do not use logos, letterhead, headers, footers, or page numbers
- View an example from the previous Book of Abstracts.
Be sure to include author names and affiliations with email addresses below the title.
One descriptive table or graph is acceptable as long as it fits together with the Abstract on a single page. A table or graph is not required but must be clearly legible if included. Note that color and half tone graphics may be printed in black and white.
Hyperlink: TIPS FOR WRITING AN ABSTRACT
You will be asked to register for the conference as a complimentary registrant once it goes live. At the bottom of the form, you'll select “UC Account/Complimentary” for Payment Type.
The CA ASA Board is working with the UC ANR Program Support Unit to offer this conference. If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact Julia Kalika or Sherry Cooper, UC ANR Program Support, 530-750-1361.